The Governing Body has a range of statutory and non-statutory responsibilities which it discharges in an effective and focussed way through working closely with the Headteacher and other staff.
The Governing Body works together with Mrs Jenkins:
- in carrying out regular school self evaluation (formerly SEF) to inform school improvement;
- in formulating and monitoring the school development plan which focuses on school improvement;
- to review pupil progress and academic achievement in both formal and informal assessments;
- on the management of the school budget;
- to continually monitor health and safety at school through regular audits;
- to ensure that required policies are in place and are reviewed regularly;
- in setting targets for the Headteacher within the school's performance management structure and monitoring progress towards these;
- in visiting school regularly to monitor and support the work and to monitor provision and help raise standards;
- to attend special events and assemblies and accompany school trips.